Twenty-five Items I Look for in a Neighborhood
to Determine Its Salability.
- Vacant land: over 80% 30-80% under 30%
- Growth rate for the area: rapid steady slow
- Property values: increasing stable slow
- Supply & demand: shortage stable slow
- How long does it take to sell a home ?
- < 3 mos. 4-6 mos. > 6 mos.
- Present land use: ___% single family ___% 2-4 units
___% multi-family ___% condos
___% commercial ___% industrial
- What is the probability of the land changing in this area?
- _____ not likely _____ likely _____ very likely (how soon?_______)
- Are most occupants in the area…. ____ % homeowners ____% tenants
____ % vacant
- Single family price range: $_______________ to ______________
predominant value: $ _______________
- Single family home age: ___________ yrs. to____________ yrs.
predominant age: ______________ yrs.
- Family economic
demographics: $20K to $40K a year _______________
$41K to $80K a year _______________
$81K & over a year _______________
Grade the area on the following items:
12. Convenience to employment:
13. Proximity to freeways
14. Convenience to shopping
15. Convenience to schools
16. Adequacy of public transportation
17. Recreational facilities
18. Adequacy of utilities
19. Property compatibility
20. Protection for detrimental conditions
21. Police and fire protection
22. Proximity to hazardous areas
23. General appearance of properties
24. Appeal to market
25. Proximity to church